Yes, it is happening again this summer, Monday 23 January!
- Birdkidz, 11am
- Birdman costume jumping competition, 1-3pm
- BMX flip ramp, sorry, tides do not allow the ramp this year
- Food & market stalls, kids rides, Frank Kitts Park, 11am-5pm
- Summer music concert in the amphitheatre, 11am-5pm
- Julie Lamb Band & friends
- World Food & Music stage & food court, Odlin's Plaza, 11am-6pm
- La Brass Banda (Germany) 1pm, Sam Manzanza & Afro Beat Band 3pm
We have prizes of $50 each for the best 5 costumes (including $25 prizes for Birdkidz)! Just turn up, our staff will take your details and brief you. No hazardous costumes please! (Think about sharp or broken things, weight when wet, nothing around neck, getting out of constraints, etc).
A World Food and Music stage and food court will be in Odlin's Plaza, with the German international touring "La Brass Banda" band at 1pm, brought to us in cooperation with the Goethe-Institut, and Sam Manzanza and the Afro Beat Band at 3pm.
Frank Kitts Park hosts a wide range of food and market stalls, kids' rides, and the Summer Stage featuring the fantastic Julie Lamb Band with guests Matt & Ree, Sophie Thompson and Emma Davey.
Come along for a relaxed, fun, mainly free day in the sunshine on our beautiful waterfront. Bring a costume and be a welly creative type!
Stall applications, here's the booking form. Food stalls, remember, NO plastic food service! (All service items - cups, plates, cutlery, straws, etc - must be biodegradable). Food stalls selling world foods can choose Frank Kitts Park or the Odlin's Plaza World of Food & Music food court.
Cancellation on the day, from 7am, on this page, and our Facebook pages. This event is brought to you by Aro Creative, events team Capital Productions, and with the support of WCC. For contact details, please see www.capitalproductions.co.nz.